This week I am heading away for a couple of days with my family over our half-term holidays, so I'm putting the complete week's plan in this post! Just don't want any of you to miss out!! :)
So this week we are reading Proverbs chapters 2-4.
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about the reading outline:
• Ch 2- Solomon states that the search for wisdom will be amply rewarded
• Ch 3 - Solomon establishes that true wisdom is linked to trust and obedience
• Ch 4 - Solomon adds his personal testimony as he holds wisdom supreme
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these questions:
• What type of diligence is needed to find wisdom?
• Whom does The Lord discipline?
• What importance are placed on the words of our mouth?
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these further study questions:
• What sort of zeal does Solomon suggest is needed to find the wisdom that comes from God? Proverbs 2:2-4
• Which of the Ten Commandments comes into play when we think of having a 'prolonged life'? Proverbs 3:2; Deuteronomy 5:16
• What insight do we have here about Solomon's upbringing? And what lessons can we learn as parents? Proverbs 4:3-9
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these reflective questions:
• When do I prefer the seductions of the world to the study of the Word?
• How often do I consult God when making decisions?
• What can I teach my children or those in my care that will equip them for life's challenges?
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and spend some time in prayer:
• Ask for help to get your priorities right
• Pray for help to seek directions from God.
• Ask for opportunities to encourage others to seek God.
I hope and pray that you will get as much out of Proverbs as I am - it is a wonderful book!
Keep shining xx
Friday, 25 October 2013
The final day of week one of our Proverbs 1 and its time to get into some reflective questions - questions that will hopefully get us thinking more about how to put God's Word into practise in our lives.
It is so important to remember that God's Word is alive - and that it should make a big difference in our lives when we read it and meditate on it. He gave us the Bible so that we could learn more about Him, more about His will for our lives and more about how we can share His love with those around us.
We need to make sure that, as we read these verses and think about the questions, that we ask God to reveal Himself to us and speak to us personally. I pray that we will all be able to answer them and move forward thinking about shining for Him!
Keep shining xx
Thursday, 24 October 2013
Day three of our Proverbs 1 study. Today we are looking at the chapter a little deeper, using the 'further study' questions, and getting into other sections of God's Word as well. I love how God's Word works together as a complete work yet was written by so many different authors and over so many different years!!
Again we'd love to hear from you if you want to contribute any thoughts so far!!
Keep shining xx
Wednesday, 23 October 2013
Day two of the Proverbs study. Today I want to encourage you lot re-read chapter one and think about the following questions -
I love getting into God's Word and really mulling it over in my mind. That's why we read... and re-read chapters!! And as usual if you want to contribute any stand out thoughts please feel free to do so.
Keep shining xx
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
Welcome to the start of our study together in the book of Proverbs! I am so excited to be starting this series - I have wanted to get into God's Word with you all in a deeper way and I have big plans for 2014!! So what better way to end 2013 than looking at the beautiful writings of Solomon in Proverbs.
We are going to follow a reading plan found in the book "An Overview of the Old Testament" by a wonderfully godly man I know called John Malseed. We are blessed to be related to him, and I am excited to actually get into his wonderful book!!
So for starters today I want you to read Proverbs 1, taking note of the outline of the chapter as below. Tomorrow I will add the study questions, with further study questions on Thursday for those who want a wee bit more depth, finishing on Friday with some reflective questions, to help apply God's Word to our everyday lives.
The rest of the weeks will follow this plan as well, God-willing, starting on Mondays and running through to Thursdays. I really want to encourage you to get involved, and to feel free to write any thoughts or questions you have in the comments section, as iron sharpens iron.
So to end - a prayer for us all....
Thank you that You have given us Your Almighty Word to study, meditate on and live out in our everyday lives. Please draw close to us as we seek to get into Your Word and learn more about You and Your will for our lives. Help us to be disciplined to come meet with You each day, and help us to never forget that You are there with us every time we read Your Word. Help Your Word to come alive to us as we read.
In Your precious Son's name.