Monday, 3 February 2014

And back to normality...

Last week was fun! I love giving things away on the blog - and in real life too - because I love 'hearing' the smiles and amazement when you tell someone they have won something - for free!! No one ever thinks they should have and no one ever expects it - it's so much fun! 

I am really thankful to Darlene - for not only writing the book in the first place, but for giving 5 copies to me to give to you - we are only a small blog, but she gave me 5 anyway! And I am just so delighted to give them to you! 

I am still reading the book - and it is fantastic so far! I usually read far faster than this - but life with four boys and a hubby and a mother who is on the other side of the world and a sister who thinks you've abandoned her because you don't have time to go visit and... Do I need to go on? This week has been hectic!! So I am looking forward to getting some good reading time this week and writing my review of the book. I'll give you a hint - it'll probably be a good one!! 

But now we are back to normal and looking at the lovely woman in Proverbs 31. I admit I got totally distracted with Darlene's book, so we'll go back to looking at verse 11 this week. 


'Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.' 
Proverbs 31:11


I'm looking forward to getting into this verse and really seeing the impact it can have on my life. But for now I'll leave you with a quote from Darlene's book.


"Faith is the driving force behind virtue. Faith powers our decisions to change; 
virtue is the modification of our behaviours, as we conform our lives to our principles." 
Darlene Schacht - The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centred Wife 


I can't wait to really get into transforming our lives with the help of God's Word.
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment