Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Beautiful words...

Words can be powerful things..

And when put to music they become even more...



As I lie in bed, just before I go to sleep, I like to unwind with some quiet worship music, listening to the beautiful melodies and thought-provoking words. One of my favourite at the moment is this one...


Oh Lord, you're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
And when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I want to take your word and shine it all around
But first help me just to live it Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you

Oh Lord, you're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
And when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me


I love these words. It reminds of God's abundant grace; His eyes on me, ever watching,  seeing everything; His help as I go through life, and how everything I do needs to give the glory back to Him... always. It's a great challenge but also a wonderful worship song. Perfect for reflection at the end of the day...


Jesus Culture - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful 

2 comments:

  1. One of the very first Christian songs I heard. I was 16 {WAYYYY back in the early 80's} and living in Brooklyn, NY. It was an awesome summer. Something like 50 kids came to Christ and the new youth leader was on fire for Jesus. We were ragtag bunch from all makes of life. Every ethnic group you could think of :). SO many loving, lasting friendships made. I still am in contact with several of them :).
    Keith Green was the writer of these words. His gift to the world was his ability to sing the heart of the gospel. WHAT a beautiful song this still is! Thanks for sharing this. Many wonderful memories here <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What special memories Donna. I just love the words - it really is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete