"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another:
Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."
Today marks the start of our Easter holidays. I love these two weeks because we do such a lot of family time, having fun with our wee family, our extended family, and friends.
But despite having lots of plans already in place I want to intentional as we reach Easter weekend. It's such an amazing time to remember the love Christ has for us and to share it with those around us. I have lots of ideas running through my head, so I thought I'd share a few ideas I've read recently in regards to showing Christ's love to others.
- Make a cake or a tray bake and go to visit someone you wouldn't normally call on
- Write an encouraging note to someone who had a big impact on your life
- Take some flowers or a meal to someone who isn't feeling great
- Think about someone in your life that hasn't met Christ yet. Arrange to have a coffee with them and talk about what the Easter story means to you
- Take some groceries to a family in need or donate them to your local food bank
- Ring someone who might need a friendly conversation - eg if you have a grandparent you haven't seen in a while
- Use whatever your hobby is to bless someone
- Give a gift to someone you know in need - even better spend some time in prayer asking God who He wants it given to
- Thank someone for something - eg the postman, the bin men or the man who holds the lift for you at work
- Send a letter, parcel or something handmade to a missionary or someone in the armed forces living overseas.
Hope you get inspired to do something not as a random act of kindness but as an intentional act to show God's love to those around you.
Keep shining xx