Sunday, 29 June 2014

Happy Sunday :)

I'm sorry for the lack of posts this week - we've been busy finishing off school, getting teacher pressies ready and packing for our summer holiday, all while hubby was teaching leadership skills during the day and running a football camp each evening!!! A busy busy week :)

This year we're heading to one of the 'Haven' parks in England so while I'm going to try to post as we relax and enjoy some family time, I apologise in advance that it won't be more of our series - just summer fun posts!! 

But for now I'll leave you with a little thought... 

I've been taking part in the #100daysofhappiness challenge on my personal Instagram and Facebook pages and I have loved every minute of it. I'm onto day 81 today (coming later!!) and I would advise everyone to try to do it at some point in your life. 

Life can be hard and when it is it's nearly impossible to find any joy, happiness or blessings... But our Father is a God of love, of joy and of blessing and it is good to take the time out of our day to really think about what we are thankful for and what makes us happy. 

I have days when posting is easy - days when I've been to the spa...



been on family days out...




on holiday... 


or when we have been blessed in a really obvious way...



And those days are all great. 

But what has really made me happy is when we don't have something obvious to post and we have had to look for something, or to really think about the blessings we take for granted. 

Like having a quiet relaxing evening to myself...


Or finding somewhere special on a walk with the boys...


Or fitting into clothes after a couple of years... 


So what are you thankful
 for today? 


'Let them continually say, “Great is the LORD, who delights in blessing his servant with peace!” Then I will proclaim your justice, and I will praise you all day long.'

Psalms 35:27, 28

No comments:

Post a Comment