Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Picture perfect...

I took this picture the other day to prove to my son what colour his eyes were!! But as I looked at it I realised that the eyes really do tell a lot! 




There's a saying that the eyes are the window to the soul... and eyes really are amazing. They show our expressions and can tell the truth about whether we are truly happy or sad. But more than that, I found two beautiful verses I wanted to share with you. 

"Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. 
When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light."
Matthew 6:22

And remembering the purpose of our blog... when do we shine? When we are filled with the light of God's love...

"Open my eyes to see
    the wonderful truths in your instructions."
Psalm 119:18

This is one of my favourite verses - we need to remember to ask God to reveal His Word to us as we read. And I, for one, am very thankful that He chooses to open our eyes every time we open His Word. 

So the next time you look in the mirror - take a good look at your eyes!
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment