Saturday, 2 May 2015

DAY 9 - REST

Sometimes enforced rest is a wonderful thing. Not only does it force you to slow down and rest but it makes you think. A lot. 

My enforced rest has come in the form of a stay in hospital with gallstones, some of which lovingly moved into my bile duct. Bless them. Sharing the love. 


So I've been here since Thursday and I don't think I'll be getting out before Tues or Wed of next week at the earliest. I'm in pain, but it's covered with the pain meds (and thankfully not too strong ones) and I'm a wee bit yellow!!! And here I thought it was a tan!!! 

The doctors, nurses, helpers and patients in my ward are all wonderful. I have a bed beside a 99 year old woman - yep she'll be getting her telegraph soon!! - and 4 other amazing ladies. And I may be a little biased about the staff since my cousin is one of the nurses, but really, seriously, they are great. I feel very looked after and confident in what's going on. 



But I now have lots of time on my hands. Time between scans, MRIs, bloods taken and obs done. Time to sit and think. To worry, panic and stress over the boys and hubby at home. To wonder about the kids I work with in school. To think about all the jobs I left at home not yet finished. To worry yet again about the things I do that make our house tick by and how they are going to cope without me. 

It has made me rethink how I do things and make plans to declutter my life majorly when I get home. Less is definitely more! 

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

But - and this is where it becomes a wonderful thing - I also now have time to soak in God's Word, complete my wonderful study in 'Hope' and listen to some lovely worship music and podcasts. It's something I've been missing in the hectic mess of life recently - time to soak. So I'm now (half!!!) looking forward to a weekend spent with my Father, learning more about His love, grace and mercy. And for that I'm forever thankful. 



When the last time you took time out to soak in his Word? Was it by choice or enforced like mine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment