Wednesday, 27 January 2016

A is for Always...

As a wee mini challenge this year I thought I'd try and blog through the alphabet! So each Wednesday I'll be trying to stick to our topic, as much as possible, but using the next letter in the alphabet! Here goes... 

A is for Always... 

I have a secret to tell you. I'm a closet Harry Potter fan...

We don't do Harry Potter in our family - the boys aren't into things like that so they've not watched any of the movies or read any of the books. I, however, have seen them all! 

I do have an actual reason - family ties... I'm related (albeit distantly - my Granny and his Granny were cousins) to Daniel Radcliffe so I figured it was my duty to watch them at least once! The rest of the times I've seen them I really have no plausible excuse for - I just love them!! 

So anyway - now, and especially since his sad passing, when I think about the word 'always' I think of the wonderful Alan Rickman's Snape. 

A wee bit of background for those non-Potter-ites... 

In 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Severus Snape finds out that Harry has to die, and sends his patronus (spirit guardian) out to help him. When he calls on his patronus it is a silver doe - the same patronus that Harry's mother Lily had. When you love someone your patronus changes to match theirs. So when Dumbledore asks him (with tears in his eyes) 'After all this time?' he simply replies 'Always'. 

His love for Lily never died. 


It was a bit of a surprising turn of events, but very sweet and poignant. 

However there is someone whose love is even sweeter, even more poignant and who always is there for us. 

There is someone who never changes, who never turns his back on us and who always stays constant. 

There is a book that is alive, that always speaks to us and whose author is always present when you read it. 

And there is someone that always forgives us when we confess our sins, always helps us when we ask and always guides us when we pray. 

He loves us with an everlasting love. He loves us so much He sent His Son to die for us. And He wants to have a personal relationship with every single one of us. 

Always is a beautiful word - especially when I remember that I can always lift prayers up to my Father no matter what the problem, and I can always worship my God and Saviour no matter where I am. 

Keep shining always xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment