Friday, 29 January 2016

FMF - Quiet

There is a lovely group of bloggers who run a weekly challenge called 'Five Minute Friday' (FMF). They give you a prompt word, you set your timer and write for 5 minutes!!! So I'm hoping to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes!!! 


I don't enjoy the quiet. I would love to, but I just don't. There is something about it that I'm not comfortable with. I will always put some music on, start singing to myself, or do something to create some background noise. 

But when I think about it it's not good to need the constant noise. There is peace and tranquility in silence. There is a time to think, a time to reflect and a time to just be. Maybe that's why I find it so hard. 

I am a very busy person - between school, ministry, my hubby, my kids, the house - that I don't have a lot of time to stop and think about things, so maybe that's why I find the silence and quietness disconcerting. It makes me think. It makes me take stock of my life, my busyness, that moment, and think. 

Sometimes I may not like the answers to the questions that come up. Sometimes I may find something that will really challenge me. Sometimes it might just be quietness. But I really want to embrace this and bring a little more quiet into my daily life. 

That's my FMF thoughts for today :) 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment