Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Ambitious??

I am not very ambitious. I don't have any great plans - they have all kinda gone a little pear-shaped! So I really didn't think I had much to say today. 


But then I read this definition of the word and thought about it a little more. 


AMBITIOUS: having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed.


I may not be ambitious in the way the world sees ambition - going from one job to the next, climbing the ladder, improving your salary and lifestyle as you go... 


But when it comes to a drive to succeed I'm definitely there! When I set my mind on something I can definitely focus on it and have a strong determination to succeed - whether it's last summer when we finally cleared the garage, or the last couple of months when I've been chatting to a wonderful lady to help me get more organised and get routines I can use. 


Like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead, when I'm good I'm very good (at focusing and going for it that is) but when I'm bad I'm horrid! (I've already admitted to my lazy streak ☹️) 


So when I read my verse for today I thought it perfectly apt. 




I long for my heart and God's will to be perfectly in sync, knowing that He will give me the desires of my heart when they match His will for my life. 


And so, as I continue along our blogging journey, instead of being ambitious work-wise, I am seeking to be ambitious in my walk with God and in the goals I have set - to lose some weight and to blog through the journey. 


As Frances of Assisi said - 


"Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."


Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment