Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Silver linings

When things inevitably don’t go my way today, how can I respond with optimism to overcome adversity?


This is a great question! Life has a way of messing with you - just when you think you have everything sussed. Whether it's a flat tyre when you're late for work, a washing machine that breaks down when you've just forked out money for a new bed or a necessary change in job when you've finally settled into your work place. 


As Christians we believe that God is in control - no matter what life in this sinful world throws at us. This brings me so much comfort - I really don't know how anyone does life without God by their side. 


But it can still be painful when we get rejected or 'let go' or find ourselves in difficulty. So how do we come out the other side stronger and with the victory we know we have in Jesus? 


Seeing positivity in negative situations is a great way of turning obstacles into opportunities. 


It means that each situation is an opportunity to rely more and trust God, to show His love to those around us, to prove Him in the face of our doubts and to tell others giving God the glory. 


Let's face it - there are certain circumstances that we may see ourselves going through, that can cause us to feel that God isn't there any more. Either He's forgotten us, He's busy somewhere else or He just isn't there. But that's never the case. 


1 John 4:16-19 tells us : 


“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. We love each other because he loved us first.


God is always there for us because He loves us and will never leave us. I once heard this - I'm sorry I can't remember where - but I loved it. 


Instead of saying "but what if..." start the sentence with "even if..." and finish it with "God is enough". 


What if I lose my job?
Even if I lose my job, God is enough. 
What if he doesn't like me? 
Even if he doesn't like me, God is enough. 
What if we don't have the money to get by? 
Even if we don't have the money to get by, God is enough. 


It changes everything because it puts our focus on our Creator, the One who loves us and has everything we need. And guess what - no matter what, God always provides what you need when you need it. 


So when things don't go my way, as they often don't, my desire is to turn it around, focus on God, and find my silver lining. And above all 


🎵Rise, shine and give God the glory glory! 🎵


Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment